- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Super Simple Stew and Biscuits
When I got married my grandmother paid me a visit, bringing with her a can of stew and a box of Bisquick and a recipe she'd handed over to all of her grandchildren as they started their own families. She knew from raising five boys how busy a homemaker can get and how making dinner can sometimes feel like a very unpleasant chore. She told me, "When you have a day where you are feeling worn out and can't think of what to make, just open this can of stew and dump some biscuits on top and you've got yourself supper!" I loved this charming gift and I do use this recipe and my family loves it!
My grandmother is now 93 years old and doesn't get out much, but I hope she knows how her simple gift of a can of stew and biscuit mix is something I will pass down to my own children. A very simple, but cherished family heirloom.
You have probably seen this or even made it for your own family. If you haven't, give it a try! It's super easy, super yummy comfort food made with lots of love!
- 1 20 oz. Can Stew (like Dinty Moore)
- 2 1/4 cup Bisquick Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- Spray a pie tin or casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- Empty 1 20 oz can of stew (whatever kind you like, my favorite is Dinty Moore Beef OR use homemade left over stew) into the tin or dish.
- Mix 2 1/4 cups of Bisquick Baking Mix (or whatever brand you have on hand or prefer) with 2/3 cup of milk to form a soft dough. *
- Drop spoonfuls of biscuit dough on top of stew (about 1 tablespoon). Bake for 10-15 minutes at 425 F. Serves 4
- *You can also use canned biscuits instead of biscuit mix, just follow the baking instructions on the can for temperature and time.