Tempting Your Tastebuds With Melt in Your Mouth Gulaab Jamun
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 60g semolina
- 385g condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon cardamon powder
- dessicated coconut, optional
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rose syrup, optional
Instructions for syrup
- Heat a saucepan
- Add water, sugar and cardamom, continue to stir for 10 minutes, until its thick and sticky, then turn off the heat
- If adding rose syrup, mix in with the homemade syrup
Instructions for Gulaab Jamun
- Mix flour, semolina, and cardamon in a baking bowl
- Add condensed milk, blending all ingredients together making a soft dough
- Take kebaab sized portion, shaping into length and thickness of forefinger
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan to moderate temperature, oil amount enough to cover the Gulaab jamun
- Frying +- 6 to 10 portions at a time, depending on the size of your pan
- Allow 5 minutes of frying until the gulaab jamun turns golden brown on all sides
- Strain excess oil from the gulaab janum onto a paper towel
- Pop, it into the syrup for less than a minute and take out
- Roll in dessicated coconut and display on a platter or container
- Ready to serve
For more ideas on related articles, refer to links below
- Can You Keep a Secret in Making an Epically Mean Bom...
Great as a dessert, parties of all ages, events or just to relax and chill...
- Easy Peasy Pancake Toast Made Easy!
So, quick and easy, you will put this recipe on your list as part of your meals for the week including the weekend. My kids love it!
- Roly Poli Pudding in a Pie (Coconut Filled Sweetmeat...
Indulging your sweet tooth to a delicious pastry, that keeps you coming back for more...
- Obey and Treat Your Sweet Tooth To Apple, Almond and...
For every savoury dish, why not keep a balance and favour your sweet tooth. With all savoury meals or snack, I like to compliment with a dessert.
- Comfort Pancakes! Fill Your Tastebuds
Fill your tastebuds with loads of deliciousness! You will be snacking on it for the rest of the day.