Roasted Pumpkin Seeds: A Tasty Snack for Halloween
Which Pumpkins are the Best?
Big pumpkins actually have stronger tasting seeds than small sugar pumpkins, but you can use sugar pumpkins to cook a variety of dishes while you only use the big pumpkins for jack-o-lanterns. If you have a big pumpkin growing in your garden, now is the perfect time to cut it up! Add this as a Halloween Tradition! Eat some super yummy roasted pumpkin seeds while carving your pumpkin.
- 1 tbsp. each cumin, paprika, garlic, black pepper
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- After removing seeds, wash and soak them in water for half an hour to remove excess pumpkin, drain them and then spread out on a paper towel to dry.
- Once dry (this usually takes about a day, but they don’t have to be totally dry), combine olive oil with cumin, paprika, garlic salt and pepper in medium sized bowl. Add seeds and stir to coat.
- Spread seeds on baking sheet and bake in oven set at 250F for 30 minutes
Once cool, eat this up handfuls at a time. If you don't want to add Cumin, there are other spices that blend well together for this. A very small amount of Chili powder, and Cayenne Pepper are great choices. After you make this once, you can decide if you like it with more spice or less.
Like this Recipe? Try my other ones....
- Redneck Dorito Chicken Recipe
Spice up your chicken easily with leftover chips
- Brownies and Smoothies! Sweet, Simple Treats
These smoothies are healthy and also great for picky eaters! Check out easy recipes for your sweet tooth!
- Yummy and Easy Recipes: Pork with Pears and Crockpot...
Proscuitto wrapped pork with sweet potato and pears recipe and an easy sweet and sour meatball recipe
- Great Crock-Pot Recipes: Fiesta Chicken, Pulled Pork...
Fiesta Chicken, Cheddar Potatoes, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Cuban Braised Beef and Peppers
Just click here for nutrition facts
- Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Seeds, pumpkin and squash seeds, whole, roasted, without salt
Nutrition facts and Information for Seeds, pumpkin and squash seeds, whole, roasted, without salt
Other Halloween Treats
- Tips for Healthy Halloween Treats
Tips for non-candy Halloween giveaways that will have trick-or-treaters circling the block to visit your house one more time! Plus tips to keep Halloween treats safe and spooky for everybody.
- Scary Halloween Treats & Cool Halloween Monster Cook...
halloween cookies, halloween chocolate, halloween trick-or-treat, wilton halloween cookies,
- Halloween Treats and Snacks - Easy Recipes for Kids
Great ideas for Halloween themed treats and snacks to share or make with your children.
- Healthy Halloween Treats for Kids
Healthy and tasty halloween treats to help your kids avoid the candy overload this fall.
- Scary Halloween Treats - Spider Meatballs, Witches F...
Scary Halloween treats, Witch Finger Cookies, Wiener Mummies - I recently received an email asking for a recipe for Halloween Meatball Spiders, for a Halloween Birthday Party. As I pored over my collection looking for that particular recipe, I wonder
More Great Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
This recipe for pumpkin cranberry bread is delicious for fall
- Ushering In The Fall Season With Pumpkin Whoopie Pie...
Great recipe for making delicious pumpkin whoopie pies this fall season. Have them with a cup of coffee for further enjoyment.
- Paleo Breakfast: Protein Pumpkin Paleo Pancakes
Eating a Paleo diet breakfast does not mean eggs every morning! Try a delicious and healthy Pumpkin Pancakes!
- Low Fat Pumpkin Apple Muffin Recipe
A tasty recipe for pumpkin and apple muffins that is also low in fat and sugar.
- 10 Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
I’ve always loved salted, roasted pumpkin seeds (also called ‘papitas’) –they make a good snack and are loaded with plenty of nutrients. They also make a healthy addition to your breakfast cereals, granola bars and smoothies. In this...