- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Redneck Dorito Chicken Recipe
What is Redneck Chicken?
I am crazy about saving food; I can’t stand wasting it. This is why I come up with different ways to spice up meals using leftovers, like the pieces that are always left on the bottom of a bag of chips. Somehow it seems like half the bag is barely touched so I decided that these expensive bags of food need to be used somehow. My husband right away decided to call it redneck dorito chicken, which fits because it tastes so good and yet is so easy.
What I like about this recipe is that I can change it around to make it have a new taste each time, even though I am known to do stupid things that might ruin a recipe while I experiment sometimes it comes out really good. So if you want to use a different kind of chips go ahead and try it, just change the marinade to give it an all around tasty blend of spices.
I made this with an easy side dish of spicy rice.
- 2 cups Cool Ranch Dorito crumbs, make into crumbs by pounding the bag or putting in a food processor
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs. milk
- 1 pound chicken, tenders or breasts cut up depending on preference
- marinade, depends on preference
- salt, pepper, garlic
- 1 tbsp. oil, butter, or margarine
- Marinate chicken in desired marinade (BBQ and Italian dressing work well) for at least 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 F
- Whisk egg, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic together in small bowl. Set aside. Mix the chips and bread crumbs together in medium size bowl. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture a few at a time, gently shake off excess, and then put them in chips mixture. You can use a fork to flip the chicken and cover with them with crumbs, or you can cover the bowl and shake. Use fork to set aside covered pieces until they are all coated. For a little extra crisp, do this twice.
- Cover baking sheet with oil then spread out chicken onto the pan. Bake for 7 minutes, flip the chicken and cook another 7 minutes.
- Place chicken on paper towel to remove any grease and cool for five minutes then enjoy!
Similar Chicken Recipes
Not What You Wanted? Try These....
- 3 Easy To Cook Chicken Recipes
Hot And Spicy Chicken Wings are oh so good. And so simple to make. Here's my recipe for Hot And Spicy Chicken Wings that you are sure to love. And they are so easy to make. You want to take 5 pounds of unbreaded chicken wings and deep fry them...
- Wonderful Chicken Recipes
Are you looking for wonderful chicken recipes. Here are several of the best chicken recipes that you'll ever eat in your life. I promise you that these are the best chicken recipes ever.
- Popcorn Chicken Recipe
You can make delicious pop corn chicken in your kitchen that you and your family will love. You want to purchase skinless boneless chicken breast to make your own pop corn chicken. You will want to cut your chicken breast into pieces about 1"X2"...
- Great Chicken Francese Recipe
Chicken Francese is a great breaded chicken entrée that can usually be found in Italian restaurants. It typically is a really rich and unfortunately unhealthy meal, but for this recipe I changed things around a little bit to make it slightly...
More of Erinb62's Recipes
- Easy, Yummy, Crock-Pot Beef Stew Recipe
To ensure that my beef stew is tasty every time, I opt for the easy way.One of the things I was told to add was cinnamon. One thing I decided would give it more flavor was using red wine
- Yummy and Easy Recipes: Pork with Pears and Crockpot...
Prep time: 15min Total time: 45 min Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into wedges 2 firm red bartlett pears, cut into wedges 2 tbs olive oil 8 sprigs fresh...
- Great Crock-Pot Recipes: Fiesta Chicken, Pulled Pork...
Fiesta Chicken, Cheddar Potatoes, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Cuban Braised Beef and Peppers
- The Yummiest Pumpkin Seeds
If you have a big pumpkin growing in your garden, now is the perfect time to cut it up! Enjoy my own unique recipe for the best taste!