To eat or not to eat red meat :: How to grill meat the right or proper way
Grilling truly makes foods extra flavorful and luscious. But if you overdo it or the meat becomes under-cook then this will surely spoil your meat and even your day.
Here is a short list of tips and pointers on how to grill right:
- Never get the grill too hot. Have some patience grilling with too much heat will surely overcook your meat.
- Use thinner cuts of lean meat so it will easily be cooked evenly so you will not get into trouble of overcooking.
- To check the meat’s internal temperature, turn it over instead of stabbing it with a knife or a fork. This can reduce the amount of fat drippings.
- Keep the meat away from flame.
- Marinate the meat prior to grilling. This step will help you lessen the risk of developing carcinogenic substances by around 60% to 90%. Marinating will further enhance the flavor of your meat.
Keep in mind that carcinogenic product dubbed as Heterocyclic amine (HCA) is produced when meats are heated to high temperatures. Another form of carcinogen which is the Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon (PAH) is created and carried by the smoke into the meat when grilling barbecues.
It is indeed important to keep the balance with the foods we ingest always. According to studies red meat is not a healthy choice in getting the protein that our body is in need of, as compared with the white meat. Consuming pork or beef is linked with higher risk of developing malignancy and other diseases.
Here you have it folks some tips and pointers on how to grill well your meat and some information about meats. Thanks a lot for the read.
You may leave your feedback in the comment box below.
My 14th hub in the HubChallenge.