- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pasta Recipes
Vegetable Lasagne with Pesto/Alfredo sauce and Sausage.
I almost didn't put this recipe up because it took me a couple of hours to make. However it was delicious and my husband made me promise to share it. So if you have some time try this lasagne. To be fair I'm kind of slow at cutting vegetables, it was my first time attempting this recipe, and I made way too much sauce, but I adjusted it in this hub. So it may take you less time then me, ha ha. If you do try it, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 8oz Organic Wheat Lasagne Pasta, Prepared as directed on the box
- **** Alfredo Sauce, Ingredients
- 2 tbsp Organic salted butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- less than 1/4 tsp White pepper, as desired
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- dash Salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese
- **** Pesto Sauce, Ingredients
- 1 cup Basil leaves
- 2/3 cup Walnuts
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Salt, As desired
- Pepper, As desired
- **** Lasagne, Ingredients
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped coarsly
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1/4 Spanish onion, diced
- 1/4 Red bell pepper, diced
- 2/3 cup Carrots, Juliened
- 3 Organic Chicken Sausages, cut the case, cook, and crumble
- 4 oz White sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- Fresh Parsley, for garnish
- Boil the Pasta and set aside (you can spray it with a light mist of olive oil so that it wont stick together or set them aside separately
- Add the pesto sauce ingredients into a blender and puree. Spatula the sauce into a container and set aside.
- For the Alfredo sauce; add the butter, olive oil and garlic in a sauce pan and cook on low-med until it becomes aromatic (around 3-5 minutes). Then add the white pepper (less than 1/4 tsp is fine), garlic powder, dash of salt, and heavy cream. Add Parmesan cheese and stir frequently. Then Add Mozzarella cheese slowly and stir frequently until the sauce thickens up. Set aside in a cool container.
- Brown the sausage making sure to break up any large pieces. Add the carrots and broccoli, cover with a lid, and cook until the carrots get tender. Add the rest of the vegetables, cover with a lid, and cook until the spinach wilts, then turn the flame off.
- Mix ricotta cheese with egg and oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a 9x13 Baking dish. Spoon some of the Alfredo sauce and pesto sauce on the bottom. Next, add a layer of pasta, then some of the meat and veggies, then the ricotta mix, and then some more sauce. repeat this process until you finish with the last layer of pasta. sprinkle the white sharp cheddar cheese on top with some more sauce. Bake for 40 minutes then garnish with fresh parley, whew! you're done! Let it stand for 10 minutes, slice and serve. Enjoy!
Are you fast at prepping for dinner?
Other recipes from Michelle
- Flavor Blast Lasagna Cups
Lasagna cups are nothing new. Although, if you like your food very flavorful like me or my family, then this is the recipe for you.
- Sweet and Tangy Apple Pie
I like this recipe because the lemon juice makes the taste remind me of sherbet and I love sherbet!It was also a hit with the family and I had to share it here.
- Michelle's Banging Chicken Pot Pie
My husband loves chicken pot pie and so I borrowed from some great recipes and then did a little improvisation and Voila! It was, in my husband' words, "banging!!"