- Food and Cooking
Vegetarian Sandwich Recipe: Chickpea Salad
When I first became a vegetarian, sandwiches always seemed challenging. This hearty chickpea salad will satisfy even a non-vegetarian appetite. The recipe is super quick to whip up and is also goes nicely served on top of a bed of greens to dress up a salad for a lower carbohydrate lunch option.
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans/chickpeas (or one 15 oz can)
How to cook dry beans
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard (my favorite is Trader Joe's Hot & Sweet mustard)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- In medium bowl, mash garbanzo beans with a fork or a . kitchen masher
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, & garlic powder. Mix until well combined
- Chop up celery into small pieces
- Add celery to bowl and stir
- Use chickpea salad along with your favorite bread, sandwich wrap, pita pocket or even top some salad greens for a low-carb option.
More Recipe Hubs by Veggie-mom
A delicious and hearty vegetarian sandwich with portabello mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and baby kale sauteed in ginger and garlic topped with melted swiss cheese and placed in a toasted bun spread with whole seed dijon mustard.
Try on new twist on taco night & create Mexican pizzas with refried beans, handmade tortillas, & shredded cheddar cheese.
Twice baked potatoes mashed with broccoli, spinach, & carmelized onions, topped with chunky pizza sauce & melted cheese...make a delicious and inexpensive family dinner everyone will love!