- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
White Chocolate and Raspberry Sponge Cake
This is a twist on a classic sponge cake. When cooked slowly the white chocolate melts into the mixture and provides a delicately flavoured sponge. The raspberry flakes add a lovely combination making this sponge very truly delicious.
- 225g Unsalted Butter
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 4 Large Free Range Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 20g Dried Raspberry Flakes
- 75g White Chocolate, Finely Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas Mark 4
- Ensure the butter is soft and beat with a wooden spoon or electric whisk in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy
- Gradually add the sugar beating all the time. Continue until the mixture becomes white and fluffy in texture
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl with the vanilla extract. Add this slowly to the creamed butter and sugar stirring continuously
- Sift in the flour into the mixture beating continuously. Try and do this as lightly as possible as to not knock the air out of the mixture
- Add the chopped white chocolate and raspberry flakes until thoroughly combined
- Add the mixture to a large greased cake tin (approximately 23 cm) and spread the mixture evenly around the tin
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until the sponge is well risen and golden
- Remove from the oven and cool
- When slightly cooled remove from the cake tin and leave to fully cool on a wire rack
- This can either be eaten straight away or decorated appropriately. A good dusting of icing sugar is also acceptable
More Recepie Delights
- How to Make a Simple Chocolate Ganache
This is a simple recipe to make a great cake covering or dessert topping.
- How to Make a Delicious Chocolate Banana Loaf
Very simple to make and easy to prepare. Its a great way to use up some of those left over bananas before they go bad!
- Double Chocolate Brownies
These brownies are delicious. There are many recipes out there for chocolate brownies. These are easy to make and versatile. To take them to the next level try covering them in Chocolate Ganache.
- Quick and Simple Chocolate Butter Biscuits
These biscuits are fun to make and tatse delicious. Kids love to play with the dough and can really get stuck in.
- Cup Cakes Meet Cherry Bakewells
These cherry bakewell cup cakes are delicious. They tatse great with a good cup of tea.
- Sponge Cake, Simple and All in One
Easy sponge cake, explained simply for a great introduction to baking.