Golden Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Butternuts are beautiful! They must be the sweetest-tasting squash of all time, the golden goodness of the butternut keeping the sun captured from harvest to table.
You can serve up the bright beauty of golden butternut squash in many different ways, but I like butternut soup best. It's tasty, tempting and all round easy entertaining.
Butternut Squash is good for you too!
Online Cooking Unit Conversion
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash
- 1 large onion
- 3 medium cloves garlic
- 1 TBS + 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 TBS chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- can of coconut milk
- 2 TBS chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut the butternut into small cubes
- Chop the onion and garlic
- Heat 1 TBS broth in medium soup pot. Saute onion in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until almost transparent.
- Add garlic and ginger, and continue to saute for another minute. Add turmeric and curry powder, and mix well.
- Add squash and rest of stock, mix. Bring to a boil on high heat. Once it comes to a boil reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place in blender and blend with coconut milk. Make sure you blend in batches filling blender only half full. Start on low speed, so hot soup doesn't erupt and burn you. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Thin with a little broth if needed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reheat, and add coriander.
Beautiful Golden Soup with Fresh Bread
I love this yellow/orange vegetable
I love the sweet nutty taste of the butternut squash pumpkin - in any recipe, but especially in soup
Four Best Butternut Squash Recipes
Pumpkins and squash are simply the most versatile and delicious vegetables around. Brighten up your dinner table with some butternut side dishes or make a co...
Butternut Squash Soup in the Slow Cooker
Printable Recipe for Slow Cook Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Â½ tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthways.
- Scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp. Brush olive oil on the inside of the squash and roast it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until you can peel the skin away from the flesh.
- Cut the butternut squash into cubes. Peel and chop the onions.
- Put all ingredients into the crockpot. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for about 4.
- You can now blend in small batches.
How to make Butternut Squash Soup Video - Butternut Squash recipe soup
Bright Red Soup Bowls
Bright cheery colour, glossy finish and a great price
The Slow Cook
I'm a slow cook junkie. UnashamedlyI spent years cooking for a large family and, though rewarding enough while it lasted, my time is now my own. These days I...
Slow Cooking for Beginners
Your new slow cooker will often come with a recipe booklet. That's a good guide to start with as every make of slow cooker is a little different. The power s...
Slow Cook Pot Roast
If you haven't cooked with tougher cuts of beef before it can look pretty daunting, but don't pass it by! Tougher meat has more flavour. Slow cooking in the...
Lamb Shanks in the Slow Cooker
Lamb Shanks have changed remarkably since my mother cooked them. The lamb shanks themselves are still the same, it's the ingredients and method of cooking th...
Slow Cook Potato Soup in the Crockpot
Make delicious potato soup in your slow cooker crockpot while you're out all day. This is an 8 to 9 hour recipe, cooking gently away while you're at work. ...