jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Burger King Horsemeat Scandal: Chain Admits That Food Was Tainted

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Burger King Horsemeat Scandal: Chain Admits That Food Was Tainted
    The Huffington Post  |  By Rachel Tepper    Posted: 01/31/2013 4:54 pm ES
    Burger King has admitted that some of its burgers sold in the U.K. and Ireland were, in fact, tainted with horsemeat.

This is just the latest chapter in an ongoing scandal in the U.K. and Ireland involving beef burger patties tainted with meat from horses and pigs. U.K. supermarket chain Tesco and other companies have also been affected. It's suspected that a meat distributor in Poland, which worked with all the companies in question, used meats other than beef as filler in cheap burgers.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/3 … 93538.html
    I guess they don't let you have it your way anymore. Seriously, selling hamburgers without informing the public about horsemeat  mixed in is horrible ! I wonder if any made its way to the states?

2. adjkp25 profile image93
    adjkp25posted 4 years ago

They should change their motto to Have it your Neigh.

3. psycheskinner profile image86
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

MacDonalds didn't know about this and fired the supplier immediately. Their contracts stated the supplier should sell McDs UK/Ireland beef only and instead they sourced mystery meet from Poland.  So it was the supplier that screwed this up.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years agoin reply to this

God, that is awful. I was under the impression that McDonald's actually had their own farms and bred their own cattle. I am sure someone on here said something about it months ago because they used to work on one, visited one, or something similar.

1. psycheskinner profile image86
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

They have designated suppliers who are given very specific instructions.  But they are in the business of selling food, not farming.

4. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

The problem was with Burger King.I didn't read about any other fast food places that had this meat...or their not admitting to it.

5. ArtzeeChris profile image40
    ArtzeeChrisposted 4 years ago

Next time I go to Burger King and want it my way I'm gonna say: Please hold the horse meat on my Whopper.

1. profile image66
      logic,commonsenseposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I heard that horse meat tastes like chicken.  smile

working