jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to bake a turkey

1. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 8 years ago

How to bake a turkey

2. Julie McM profile image64
    Julie McMposted 8 years ago

Turkey seems to make it to the American dinner table at least twice a year.  And every year around the holidays, the big question is, "How do I roast a turkey?" What people want to know is how to keep that turkey moist. Most of us have experienced... read more

3. profile image0
    deeli82posted 8 years ago

i start with a big container and make a brine (kind of like pickling)  a few gallons of water, a half cup of kosher salt, a half cup each of brown and white sugar, two tablespoons of whole pepper corns and whole cloves, and a cinnamon stick.  bring to a boil and cut off the stove.  add ice to the container and the brine (making sure the mixture is room temp or cold)  and stick the turkey in.  this needs to go in the fridge for a day or a big zip lock bag and surrounded by ice in a cooler.  the next day get a stick of butter and bring it to room temp add a half tablespoon of the following:  parsley, sage, tarragon, and oregano (dried spices)  get your turkey and season sparsley with salt and pepper and rub with the butter herb mixture and bake according to package directions (internal temp).  i made this last last year for thanksgiving but i put it on the grill

4. Overeducated Girl profile image67
    Overeducated Girlposted 8 years ago

The best way to bake a turkey is using an oven bag.  I think this article will help you.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Tricks-to-Makin … ing-Turkey