Choose the type of meat that you want to brine. Poultry such as chicken, duck, Cornish hens and turkey improve with the brining process. After that pick a non-reactive container in which to brine the meat. Some cooks prefer a plastic container and some prefer a resealable bag. You can also use a glass bowl covered with plastic wrap. The meat will need to be submerged completely as it brines, so choose an appropriate sized container.
How to cook
1. Mix together 1 quart water, 1/2 cup Kosher salt and 1/2 cup sugar to make an all-purpose brine for any type of meat.
2. Mix 1 quart of brine for every pound of meat.
3. Pour the brine mixture into the container and use tongs to submerge meat.
4. Place the container in the fridge to begin the brining process.
Note: Times will vary according to the degree of flavor you want to achieve. Minimum time to brine would be two to three hours for chicken pieces and up to 3 days for a whole turkey.
5. Remove the brined meat from mixture and pat dry with paper towels. Grill as you normally would any meat, but reduce cooking time by about one quarter. Because of the added moisture, brined meat takes less time to cook.
by philzgrill16 months ago
As we all are living very busy lives, no longer do we plan as many meals as we used to. After a long week, my wife and have deemed Friday our "take out" night as far as dinners go. We have a few...
by HubPages8 years ago
How to bake a turkey
by Melissa Flagg COA OSC3 years ago
How do you get a nasty odor out of a plastic rubbermaid food storage container?I just found a container that had been in my fridge for (apparently) quite some time (I was wondering where it was). After emptying it,...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.