jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would be a New Cooking untensil that You Would Like for Christmas?

1. heart4theword profile image78
    heart4thewordposted 8 years ago

What would be a New Cooking untensil that You Would Like for Christmas?

We were in a store the other day that was full of new cooking tools:)  There were so many things out there, my friends and I said, we would love to have a gift certificate of $1000 just to buy from this one store!!  Does anyone know of a new kitchen gadget that people put on their wish list for Christmas this year.  The new fad maybe?

2. SimeyC profile image97
    SimeyCposted 8 years ago

I want a gadget that goes to the store, buys the groceries, chops the veggies, roasts the beef, serves the dinner and washes the dishes - when you invent one let me know!!! In the meantime I guess I need to hire a servant or slave!

3. heart4theword profile image78
    heart4thewordposted 8 years ago

SimeyC,

A wife might be the best gadget for you:)

4. gary777g profile image70
    gary777gposted 8 years ago

I was reading SimeyC's answer and thinking "I want that thing too - I think it is called a WIFE"  (in my Leave It To Beaver loving world)...

But seriosly - two things I think of: 
    (not new but fantastic if you haven't tried yet)
    Microwave Bacon Cooker
    and One Cup Coffee Brewer/server

If you are trying to surprise of person who is into these cooking gadgets - they probably have all the latest, coolest gadgets already anyway - and so many are so specific to different types of cooking.  Might I suggest an entirely different approach to a gift for this type of person?  Why not take them to a fancy restaurant where you have pre-arranged a tour of the kitchen where they can watch some meals being prepared and then afterward enjoy eating there too?  I think people that like to cook, also like to eat.  And getting to see the inner workings of an expensive resaurant and watching how they prepare the meals might be a very memorable gift.

Closed to reply

working