jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite NON-electric cooking gadget and why?

1. Truckstop Sally profile image59
    Truckstop Sallyposted 7 years ago

What is your favorite NON-electric cooking gadget and why?

2. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 7 years ago

A slotted spoon since it works great for serving so many different things.

3. Kobus Hughes profile image39
    Kobus Hughesposted 7 years ago

The egg-lifter or spatula as many people know it. Why....because it is a very versatile gadget. Turns eggs great and can be used as a self-defense weapon! :-). Man, a spatula hits hard!

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

My Gas Stove!

Seriously though, it's my assortment of lime squeezers.

5. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

The can opener.  Excellent tool  Life would be difficult without it.

6. onegoodwoman profile image75
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

My trusty old dutch oven.  It serves me over the gas flame, the charcoals of the backyard grill, or over the sticks and twigs of the campfire.  It is trustworthy for soups, stews, roasting, simmering and even for baking.

7. LSpel profile image74
    LSpelposted 7 years ago

A frying pan. If forced to, I could make just about everything in it.

8. sturner1 profile image64
    sturner1posted 7 years ago

The oven mitt lol often imitated, never duplicated I have seen many a burn from people trying to be creative and not use it.

9. MarieOaks profile image57
    MarieOaksposted 7 years ago

Besides the obvious necessary objects (stove, cooking utensils, etc) - I really like my pasta maker.

We can make fresh, amazing pasta in less than a half hour using the pasta maker. It is an Italian brand, easy to use, and which we stay away from eating lots of pasta we find that making an exception once in awhile for the fresh stuff is so worth it. Yum!

Other tools I like:
    *food mill (hand cranked)
    *molcajete (traditional Mexican mortar and pestle - makes the best salsa you've ever tasted!)

10. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I like the whisk...they come in a variety of sizes. They work wonderfully for blending dry products with liquids in a smooth and rapid manner and they really do a nice job of fluffing the eggs if you are making an omelet. Whisks are just a lot of fun! WB

working