jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If you were cooking a vegan meal for Thanksgiving, what recipes would you includ

1. Betty Reid profile image59
    Betty Reidposted 8 years ago

If you were cooking a vegan meal for Thanksgiving, what recipes would you include?

2. ianbrad55 profile image55
    ianbrad55posted 8 years ago

I would include either a vegan pumpkin pie or vegan sweet potato pie, both are relatively easy to make sure vegan ingredients, are tasty, and somewhat healthy as well.

3. MrsOdie profile image52
    MrsOdieposted 8 years ago

You can make mashed potatoes with vegan butter.  Don't use soy milk unless you like the tofu-ey taste.  I'd also make a nice butternut squash soup.  Vegetables in season are a hit.  For me, Tofurkey is gross to me, but some people like it.

4. Leenie Pooh profile image58
    Leenie Poohposted 8 years ago

When I was much more strict about eating vegetarian meals I found this web site with a vegetarian Thanksgiving gourmet feast at http://www.theundiet.info. I used all of the recipes and the Pumpkin Pie made with tofu in place of eggs has become a family favorite. You could probably do a Google search to find a similar recipe.

5. profile image51
    VeggieMomposted 8 years ago

Mashed potatoes, vegan mushroom gravy, grilled or baked tofu, vegan baked stuffing, cranberry sauce, baked spaghetti squash, roasted carrots and beets and a platter of fresh fruit.

6. profile image0
    Derdriuposted 7 years ago

A vegan Thanksgiving meal would include popovers, steamed vegetables on sage-flavored rice, cranberry relish, and sweet potato pie.

working