jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

can i drink coffee while i'm pregnant?

1. profile image42
    yannielposted 8 years ago

can i drink coffee while i'm pregnant?

2. blessedmom profile image81
    blessedmomposted 8 years ago

I do not know the medically correct answer for this. I was drinking just one cup of coffee a day in the morning (with plenty of milk in it) while I was pregnant. You should definitely reduce the amount of coffee you drink during pregnancy to just one cup a day to be safe. Also, try decaf after consulting with your doctor.

3. fireball* profile image60
    fireball*posted 8 years ago

I think not good for the baby.Caffiene can affect the baby's growth inside the womb.

4. profile image45
    william hunterposted 8 years ago

as long as it's decaf,you really shouldn't drink anything with caffine in it,or a lot of sugar content you wouldn't give your baby speed would ya.

5. kverdasmith profile image59
    kverdasmithposted 8 years ago

I think what is more important is if you are putting lots of veggies and whole foods into your diet. One cup of coffee should be okay but realistically the need for coffee is more ritualistic. When I was pregnant I made up a hot nutritious concoction. It satisfied the need for coffee. My baby was born at home and was strong and healthy. Maybe I will just go write a hub about it....come join me for more info and happy baby carrying!

1. Marisaporter profile image62
      Marisaporterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

What was the hot nutritious concoction? I'm still looking.

6. profile image0
    OG Coffeeposted 7 years ago

Hi Yanniel,

Normally its not good to drink coffee while you are pregnant but there is a brand of coffee call OrGano Gold Healthy Gourmet Coffee that you can drink anytime including during pregnancy.  This coffee is infused with 100% Certified Organic Ganoderma.

For more information please check out my hubpage on Coffee, Tea & Hot Chocolate - The Health Benefits of Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi)

7. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

I guess you wouldn't be asking unless you were a little unsure. Trust your instinct. Better to be safe, but I would  seek a doctor's opinion.

working