jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What makes you feel cheated?

1. nancy_30 profile image71
    nancy_30posted 8 years ago

What makes you feel cheated?

I bought some Valentine's candy today and I felt cheated.  It was the heart shaped candy with the words on them.  The box was only half full.  I also feel cheated when I buy potato chips.  Why do they do this?  What makes you feel cheated.

2. IdeaMorphist profile image62
    IdeaMorphistposted 8 years ago

When I order a filet of fish sandwich at McDonalds and it comes with a half slice of cheese. After being burned a few times, I order "extra cheese" only to get my bill jacked up 30 cents and find my sandwich did not get made with "extra cheese." When I then complain, they replace the sandwich with one that has a full slice of cheese. However, I conclude I just paid 30 cents for a hassle and a half slice of cheese!

3. lisaluv9784 profile image85
    lisaluv9784posted 8 years ago

For the companies,this is just a way for them to save money,without reducing the size of the package.If the package is smaller,you will definetly notice.But if it is the same size,only with less product inside,you probably will not know anything of it until you've already made the purchase.I understand your frustration on that one!
    I use pre-paid cell phone service,and I feel cheated every month when I pay for text messages,and then at the beginning of the new month,the ones I have left over are wiped out.Little things like this are how they make their money I guess.

4. Delaney Boling profile image64
    Delaney Bolingposted 8 years ago

I've felt cheated for the last nine years everytime I had to pay taxes...

5. H P Roychoudhury profile image49
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 7 years ago

If you buy something without taking account of the material in full before, you will feel cheated.

working