Hello hubbers, any idea how to make chocolate & coffee mousse?

1. aktifistri profile image53
    aktifistriposted 7 years ago

Hello hubbers, any idea how to make chocolate & coffee mousse?

I'd really love to make it for my coffee-freak husband.. big_smile  thanks in advance..

2. Merlin Fraser profile image77
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

For 4 good portions you will need,

200g  good quality dark chocolate.  At least 70% cocoa solids
    6  medium sized eggs
    2 tbsp strong black coffee and  1 tbsp cognac,( optional.)
    2 tbsp caster sugar
    1 tbsp cocoa powder

METHOD

Prepare a double boiler by placing a small amount of water in a saucepan and placing a heat proof bowl over the simmering water.
    Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in the bowl  stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 min. Separate the eggs and beat the yolks with the coffee or cognac, then beat in the chocolate.

Now  whisk the egg whites until firm and peaky, then slowly add the sugar and beat until glossy. Add a large spoonful to the chocolate mixture, mixing well. Then bit by bit add the remaining chocolate mixing all the time until .

Pour into four serving dishes, cover and chill for a couple of hours to set.

This is an extremely rich dessert but for extra indulgence when serving why not whip up some double cream and place on top of the mousse with a sprinkle of cocoa powder to finish off the effect.

3. aktifistri profile image53
    aktifistriposted 7 years ago

Hi Merlin, thanks a lot for the quick ans! I really appreciate it. Glad to see that cognac is optional, and i would need to check what caster sugar is :p  also, cocoa powder..hope that'll be available here. Living in northern china i found it isn't always easy to get many 'cool' stuff for indonesian or european cookings..

great ans, please have a good day!

p.s. i'll post the result once i try it..

working