jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is the one food that you could not stand to eat as a kid, but are ok with e

1. Danielle76 profile image57
    Danielle76posted 7 years ago

What is the one food that you could not stand to eat as a kid, but are ok with eating as an adult?

For me it is cooked spinach

2. mshunt profile image59
    mshuntposted 7 years ago

As a kid, I would not touch Chinese food. Up until I was in my 20's. Now I can't get enough of it.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Green beans...I used to do every imaginable thing to trick my taste buds into thinking they were something else. Now that I'm older and married a chef, I have discovered that green beans are actually really good when Mom doesn't cook them to mush wink.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Tomatoes.  I have no idea why they were bad when I was a kid, nor could I tell you at what point they became okay.  I just know I eat them now.

5. profile image45
    kailamdposted 7 years ago

i think fish....haha i love it now with mango salsa:) oh ya and i love salad now:) especially taco salad and ceasar

6. Emissionguy profile image83
    Emissionguyposted 7 years ago

spinach and brocolli i truly detested and now I eat both of them. I still don't eat raw onions and lima beans though.

7. cocopreme profile image95
    cocopremeposted 7 years ago

Pizza!  I thought it was gross until I was about 7 or 8.  Whenever my family would eat it, they would get Long John Silvers for me.  It's extremely ironic because now I am a vegetarian and pizza is one of my favorite foods.

8. AnaKirk profile image57
    AnaKirkposted 7 years ago

Carob. I hated it when I first tried carob brownies, now I love it. I think part of the problem is that I had been told it was a chocolate substitute. If I had just tried it for the food that it is instead of expecting something chocolately, I would have liked it as a child...I think.

9. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Good Day Danielle76

For me it is cooked spinach as well. I hated it as a kid, but I'm okay with it now. I prefer it creamed though.