jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is the tea party racist against blacks?

1. Evan Hutchinson profile image77
    Evan Hutchinsonposted 7 years ago

Is the tea party racist against blacks?

2. rickzimmerman profile image79
    rickzimmermanposted 7 years ago

I believe the Tea Party movement is, if not racist, certainly exclusionary. The Tea Party stance seems to be "we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it any more". Unfortunately, the "we" involved too often seems to be predominately white, conservative, religious, and anti-diversity (of almost any kind). I feel history will be unkind to the Tea Partyers, for the world will only continue to become one huge stirred-up gumbo of all colors, creeds, orientations, income levels, nationalities, loyalties, biases and beliefs. The job of all right-minded people should be to try to find ways to get along, not build walls between us. I feel that any movement that tries to assert the perceived rights of "our sort" — whether that sort is a Tea Party, Christian Coalition, jihad, Aryan Nation, Jugglers for Jehovah, or Southern Connecticut Amalgamated Dishwashers Credit Union — will eventually wink out of existence. As it should.

3. SEO IT! profile image81
    SEO IT!posted 7 years ago

I disagree with Rick Zimmerman. There may be some in the movement who are racist against blacks, but the movement is political and not targeted against a race. The fact that most in the Tea Party are white does not make it a racist group. They disagree with Obama  (so do I - and I'm not a tea party activist or a racist), but it isn't about his race. It's about his politics.

4. Joni Douglas profile image86
    Joni Douglasposted 7 years ago

The Tea Party is not a racist organization.  But just as there are fringe elements to all groups, I'm sure that there are racists among them. 
    The intent of the Tea Party movement is not to be ring wing or left wing.  Their concern is and has always been the growing control and massive power of the federal government.  We see the government claiming power that was never intended for them to have.  That is why you see them carrying signs stating that they want to take the country back.  Back from the corrupt politicians, all of them, no matter what color, and back into the hands of the people like it states in the Constitution.

5. Yankee Reb profile image60
    Yankee Rebposted 7 years ago

Is the tea party racist against blacks is like saying is the Democrat party racist against whites since the new Black Panther's are Democrat...

Just for the record - part of the reason they are growing is because too many Independents are tired of the status quo Republican tactics as are many of the Blue Collar Democrats disturbed with the Pelosi League

working