jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What were your favourite sweets as a child?

1. FranyaBlue profile image81
    FranyaBlueposted 7 years ago

What were your favourite sweets as a child?

mine were fizzy cola bottles, foam mushrooms and fizzy melon slices.

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

I loved Wearther's original butter rum candies, Swedish fish, and Pez.

3. Down Home Chic profile image55
    Down Home Chicposted 7 years ago

Now Or Laters and Pixie Sticks, excellent memories of those days, many many cavities later, my teeth never were the same....

4. FranyaBlue profile image81
    FranyaBlueposted 7 years ago

Daniel... I can't believe I forgot about Pez!! They were great, with the little dispensing thing smile

5. lalalalenas profile image50
    lalalalenasposted 7 years ago

I was a HUGE fan of Fun Dip and Pixie Stix. Now looking back at the fact it was just flavored pure sugar makes me wonder how I didn't have twice the cavities I ended up with!

6. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

Spangles were my favourites ...square clear fruit sweets in a long packet,dont think they have been around since the late 50,s . My dad always baught me a packet on pay day .

7. bayoulady profile image68
    bayouladyposted 7 years ago

Malted milk balls and malts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. chrislloyd515 profile image58
    chrislloyd515posted 7 years ago

Yorkshire Voice Tablets by far! Miss them so much! Shame you can't get them in Singapore!

9. sugz profile image74
    sugzposted 7 years ago

ummm here we have sweets (lollies as we call them) that are completely different than most other countries.. and as long as they're made of sugar.. they're my fav's kid and adult.. oh hang on, i'm still just a big kid, so, they're all my favs.. i'm still addicted to sugar  hehe

@loveslove (or anyone else that can answer lol) are spangles the same as sparkles? packaging sounds the same.. we have sparkles here.. and had annissed wheels, milk bottles, of course our famous 'pineapple lumps' lol and ummm heck, zillions of others haha can't even remember half their names lol

10. profile image0
    wicklesscandlesposted 7 years ago

I always like the Twix candy bars. I still like them, but they just don't like me any more.

11. Twins Mum profile image69
    Twins Mumposted 7 years ago

I agree with cola bottles, but don't forget cough candy, rhubarb and custard, toffee crumble, sherbert lemons.  Maybe the best of all, blackjacks.

12. Dim Flaxenwick profile image78
    Dim Flaxenwickposted 7 years ago

jelly babies and pear drops. Still cannot resist the smell of peardrops.

13. profile image0
    Derdriuposted 7 years ago

As a child, I liked root beer barrels, horehound drops, and licorice.

working