jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

IIs it okay if you eat meals late?

1. EatLovePray profile image55
    EatLovePrayposted 7 years ago

IIs it okay if you eat meals late?

I don't get the time sometimes, so I skip meals..and eat lunch like at 2pm..is that healthy?

2. joshuanoerr profile image61
    joshuanoerrposted 7 years ago

Skipping meals is not healthy. I eat every three hours at least, no matter what. Get some protein bars or shakes, and keep them with you in case you can't eat a whole meal.

Otherwise, your metabolism slows to a crawl.

3. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

if your trying to loose weight then no if your trying to gain weight then yes

4. Melaniefell62 profile image61
    Melaniefell62posted 7 years ago

It's ok as long as you give your body 2 hours to digest your food before going to bed. Otherwise you'll start gaining weight.

5. ed77burns profile image35
    ed77burnsposted 7 years ago

No its definitely not good to have your meal late since if it is the case than your whole cycle of circulation gets disturbed and it will lead to some disorders.So I suggest you to take meal on time.

6. fooduciary profile image61
    fooduciaryposted 7 years ago

It really is best if you don't. No one would really consider it "healthy" to go a very long time between meals. At that point your body begins to go into a mini "starvation" mode since you've made it think that food is going to be hard to come by. Thus your metabolism slows way down, your body holds onto energy reserves (fat) as much as possible, and you begin to feel sluggish.

Try to keep some healthy snacks on hand to make it through those long stretches. A bag of raw almonds, walnuts, or cashews is fantastic because, along with being super healthy for you, you don't need very many to start feeling full.