jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you shop at a farmer's market?

1. HannahRiley profile image59
    HannahRileyposted 7 years ago

Do you shop at a farmer's market?

If you shop at a farmer's market, why do you? Is it convienent? Cheaper? Are you supporting local farmers?

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 7 years ago

Yes, I shop at my local farmers market. I like the fact that the food is organic and fresher.
    it isn't always cheaper but I like the fact that I'm supporting farmers that are in the community.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

Yes I do and it is right on that Farm.  I had to change my diet so was looking for a good place to get fresh fruits and vergetable.  The one that is near us has home-made pies, cakes and breads.  They alsohave local honey and other things there.  It really is a great place.  I think I will make a hub about it!  Thanks for the inspiration for that!

4. Jonathan Jones profile image57
    Jonathan Jonesposted 7 years ago

I haven't thus far but that's soon about to change as I've discovered one fairly local to me. 

Having seen the supermarket monopolies taking over, I'm glad to help out in this way  to ensure the farmers get a better deal because they no longer have to go through intermediaries which cut into their profits. 

Also, because the food doesn't have to travel as far it tends to mean it's fresher as well so it's a win-win situation for both the vendors and buyers.

5. Gleddy13 profile image58
    Gleddy13posted 7 years ago

YES.  We just went yesterday morning.  There is a local farmers market where I live every Saturday morning.  Love the fresh food as well as seeing the local artists selling their wares.

6. HannahRiley profile image59
    HannahRileyposted 7 years ago

I am so glad to hear all of the support for local farmers! Keep it up. By shopping at one, we are knowing EXACTLY where our foods come from and are getting foods that are in season. What could be healthier?

7. profile image0
    wicklesscandlesposted 7 years ago

I just went shopping at the local farmers market yesterday. I like it because the fruits and vegetables are fresher and I like to support our local farmers. Prices are really good also.

8. FloBe profile image81
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

I shop at our local market which buys from the local farmers and yes, the produce is much cheaper and fresher than at the regular grocery stores...that reminds me, I need to check out when my favorite apple is available at a local farm!