jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Farmer's market vs. CSA -- preferences?

1. nArchuleta profile image91
    nArchuletaposted 4 years ago

Farmer's market vs. CSA -- preferences?

Which do you like better, shopping at the farmer's market or belonging to a CSA (community supported agriculture)? Why?
    If you've only done one or the other, what do you like about the experience?

2. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 4 years ago

I like farmer's markets because I can just pick up a little of this or a little of that and not see it go to waste in our small household, as would be the case if we belonged to a CSA.

nArchuletaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I had difficulty keeping up with all the veggies I got from my CSA.

3. StoneCircle profile image89
    StoneCircleposted 4 years ago

At the CSA I joined, for a very good sum of money, I did not get all of the produce they advertised as part of the package. I had enough leafy veggies to supply the whole town, but only got a few other salad items to go with it.
    I have gone to many Farmers Markets and prefer to shop this way. I am still supporting local farms, but I am getting what I would like to eat for a few days. I am lucky that I can go to a Farmers Market any day of the week but Sunday. I also enjoy this type of food shopping knowing that my produce or fruit is fresh picked, organic and will be enjoyed by the whole family.

nArchuletaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I had a problem with my CSA, too. For the most part they were pretty good, but they would make unilateral decisions that affected our shares.

working