Ms. Sexy lady, DO you know how to increase a basic recipe for a pound cake to m

1. profile image58
    AntBeeposted 7 years ago

Ms. Sexy lady,

DO you know how to increase a basic recipe for a pound cake to make enough...

batter for about 8 cakes?

I want to bake them all at the same time (I have 2 very large ovens) and do not want to make a seperate batter each time.

Any help would be appreciated, and maybe some other bakers out there would have the answer.

Look great, and thanks

2. SEXYLADYDEE profile image71
    SEXYLADYDEEposted 7 years ago

Hi AntBee I always make more than one cake at a time.  I usually use this recipe during the holidays to make rum cake with spices I purchased in Jamaica.  I simply multipy the ingredients and as I stated in the recipe I use 8 eggs and not a dozen.  From having made it multiple times I can say that it is important not to overbeat it.  Pound cake is naturally dense and you don't want it to be what bakers call "tough" as well.  When I experimented and decreased the baking powder it was too dense.  Sifting the flour through a sifter or strainer is good also.  So I would follow the recipe and just multiply the quantities by the number of cakes you wish to make.  Good luck. Feel free to share! Dee

3. eventsyoudesign profile image60
    eventsyoudesignposted 7 years ago

The ratio for pound cake is as follows:
    Pound Cake = 1 part butter ; 1 part sugar : 1 part egg : 1 part flour. So in order to create eight cakes you would need:

8 oz butter x 8 = 64 oz
    8oz sugar x 8 = 64 oz
    8oz eggs x 8 = 64 oz
    1tsp salt x 8 = 8 tsp
    zest of 1 lemon and 1 lime x 8 = 8 lemon and 8 limes
    1 tsp vanilla x 8 = 8 tsp
    8oz flour x 8 = 64 oz
    Each cake serves six to eight people. Prepare the same way you would make a traditional pound cake. This is the method used by professional bakers.
    If you want to learn how to create your own recipes purchase the book, "Ratios", by Michael Rhulman. He makes it easy for you to create your own recipes and understand the science behind cooking.

working