jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are the drawbacks of junk foods?

1. mac carter profile image60
    mac carterposted 7 years ago

What are the drawbacks of junk foods?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3938535_f260.jpg

2. jebraina profile image57
    jebrainaposted 7 years ago

Well for one thing, its not healthy lol.  Also, it will make you put on weight, especially if you eat late at night.  I love my junkfood, but need to lay off it a little.

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 7 years ago

increase cholesterol level, craving more junk food at meal times.
    Will start to cut down on regular meal and always stuffing junk food in my bag, closet, kitchen, beside my bed.....

4. profile image44
    leveling kitposted 7 years ago

In addition to large amounts of fat and calories, most junk foods are astronomically high in preservatives and other chemicals. These chemicals are intended to enhance the look, flavor, and shelf life of said food product. These chemicals are put into the food to attract our eyes, nose, and tongue with little regard to overall effects on the body as those chemicals metabolize within. The nutritional content is void and basically useless - hence the name "junk food."

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

The only positive thing about junk foods are the instant gratification that they bring. . . .and that isn't really a positive, it's only a brief sensation of satisfaction.

6. profile image53
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

I don't c any drawbacks in snack foods. However, if we eat 2 much of a good thing, we gain unwanted weight, & even rob ourselves of proper nutrition when we dodge healthy foods.

7. 61MT profile image39
    61MTposted 7 years ago

You will gain weight by eating junk food.

working