jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hi, I'm a big fan of xylotol, and do not like stevia. Why haven't you suggested

1. profile image47
    regocoposted 7 years ago

Hi, I'm a big fan of xylotol, and do not like stevia. Why haven't you suggested this sweetener?

Since both stevia and xylotol are approved sweetners for candida, why not offer your recipies with both as an option. I put it in my plain yogurt and then place in my ice cream maker. Its a fast and delicious treat. I also put it in sparkling water as a soda substitute. It takes a while to dissolve, but its well worth the wait.  I have made ketchup and bbq sause with it as well. I don't like the stevia aftertaste and xylotol tastes just like sugar, plus its supposed to be good for your teeth and is high in fiber.

2. lovelylizzy profile image56
    lovelylizzyposted 7 years ago

Well,gee.Where do you get that,what does it have in it and what is it made from? I HAVE NEVER heard of that before in my life.
    Xylotol. hmm.It should have been mentioned ages ago and all over the news if it just happens to be this good.This sounds way better than SPLENDA.Wait.Why are you a sweetner fan????

3. profile image47
    regocoposted 7 years ago

Oops...I spelled it wrong. Its xylitol. Its 100% natural and I buy it health food stores. My favorite store Jimboys carries it in bulk. It tastes just like sugar...even has a cool minty taste to it. I love the gum and my kids have no clue when I substitute their agave in their cereal or drinks. I have Candida and cannot have sugar. I was going crazy on the strict diet until I found xylitol. Search the internet...seems like the U.S. is slow to adopt this sweetener when other countries already use it. My homemade recipes taste great using this product and I don't miss sugar at all.

4. cathylynn99 profile image74
    cathylynn99posted 6 years ago

xylitol inhigh doses causes diarrhea and in very high doses has caused cancer in rats. it does prevent tooth decay, but i don't know if it's worth it.