jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone have a great recipe for squash?

1. Jaynie2000 profile image93
    Jaynie2000posted 7 years ago

Does anyone have a great recipe for squash?

My husband wants me to make squash this Thanksgiving. I don't eat squash. Does anyone have a good recipe suggestion for this veggie? THANK YOU!!

2. queen cleopatra profile image90
    queen cleopatraposted 7 years ago

Squash is rich in vitamin A and good for the eyes, skin, hair, and skin. Ripe or unripe, squash is a delicious viand.

Just peel the vegetable and cut into 2" x 2" chunks.  Saute in garlic, onions, and pork strips. Sprinkle salt and some chopped green chili.

Cooking time depends on the age of squash.

Optional: you may add tomato and shrimps while sauteing - for color. And for a richer taste, pour a cup of coconut cream when squash is half-cooked.

Do not boil to avoid curdling. Stir carefully so that squash chunks remain intact.

Garnish: a cup of blanched spinach leaves. Arrange the leaves on top of the squash dish. Serve hot with steamed rice.

3. Jaynie2000 profile image93
    Jaynie2000posted 7 years ago

That sounds fancy and different. I might have to give that a try. Thanks.

4. puregrace profile image67
    puregraceposted 7 years ago

Well, it depends if he likes it stewed with some tasty herbs and mashed or if he likes it sauteed or baked with some other ingredients or by itself.

I like to slice both the yellow squash and the zucchini squash, mix the slices with tasty oil or butter, add chunks of tomato, sautee all for about a minute, then let simmer with the lid on the skillet for about five minutes.

I add salt to flavor and serve. So good!

Another way to cook it is to slice the squash, add peeled potato chunks, chopped onions, a couple teaspoons butter, and shredded cheese in a casserole dish, and bake it for about 20-30 minutes until potatoes are soft.

Also, so very good.

Closed to reply