jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is It Normal To Eat When Your Bored???

1. KirstenLeake profile image55
    KirstenLeakeposted 7 years ago

Is It Normal To Eat When Your Bored???

Im 13, I Only Eat When Im Bored..Normal??? Im Not Overweight ATALL!

2. profile image0
    ssaulposted 7 years ago

oh yea it is, there's nothing else to do so naturally you start to crave for food

3. profile image0
    PhilipRBTposted 7 years ago

Of course it's normal! Try to learn to tell if you're really hungry or just bored though, because if you snack on junk food all day just because you're bored, in the end, you might become overweight!

Or when you're bored, eat healthy foods only! You will satisfy your boredom hunger, and become healthier! Win-win!

4. Chris Simiriglia profile image60
    Chris Simirigliaposted 7 years ago

It is normal for some of us, and not so normal for others.  I, unfortunately, eat when bored, happy, sad, busy, stressed, etc. It is not a good habit.

I have friends, however, who have managed to find other ways to manage their boredom.  I'm working on it.

5. Fotographer profile image56
    Fotographerposted 7 years ago

Quite normal. One has to do something when he or she is bored and eating is an easy task while you are bored.

6. camlo profile image91
    camloposted 7 years ago

I think so. If I'm bored, I either smoke a lot, or eat a lot, or both.
    I often eat so much chocolate when I'm bored, it makes me feel ill.
    BTW, I'm not fat.

7. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Yes, that's a real problem for most everyone.  If you can keep the weight off I don't see it as a problem but it can become habitual.  You are young I see, so try to get it together to find other things to do.  Read a book to teach yourself something.  Write a story.  Exercise.  Go for a walk.  Do some housecleaning. Find some kind of hobby.

8. Taleb80 profile image82
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

Sure, feeling bored is like feeling hungry.
    So, try always to manage your time so you avoid this feeling of being bored.
    I think that eating much isn't a nice habit.
    Here in hubpages, you can find many articles about managing time & how to get the best use of it.

Hope it helps

working