jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

I can never seem to have any appetite for eating on New Year's Eve. Anyone else

1. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

I can never seem to have any appetite for eating on New Year's Eve. Anyone else have that problem?

2. profile image53
    sunnyo2305posted 7 years ago

Not really, New Year's Eve is filled with wonderful finger food, of course some are better than others, and if you have a ticket to dinner and dance, you will probably have something great on the plate.  The only reason I can think of, for not having an appetite is anticipation of a great champagne at midnight.  Also if you drink when you are eating it tends to fill you quicker and you will loose your appetite, so don't drink and eat.  Eat first, then enjoy your drink whether it is alcoholic or non doesn't matter, enjoy the evening.

3. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

Not me!  It's New Year's eve and I'm home with my kids and we are eating finger foods and chips like crazy.  Did you mean a real dinner?  Nah, we eat fun foods like shrimp cocktail and honey garlic wings. 

Happy New Year!!!

4. profile image0
    Pachuca213posted 7 years ago

Sometimes. Maybe you are anxious.  Sorry to hear about that.

5. extremewebworx profile image57
    extremewebworxposted 7 years ago

I never have a problem eating...unfortunately:(  I am on the constant proverbial diet.  Having said that, by the time one gets through stuffing oneself for Thanksgiving, and then Christmas, you start getting tired of too much junk food and start longing to get back to a bit of healthy eating.

6. Gabriel Wilson profile image94
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 7 years ago

Yes! I do. But seeing as I never have much of a problem with my appetite, I put it down to sheer excitement of the night. Be it fireworks, friends and family or a night in the glad rags on the tiles. Food is the last thing on my mind. Too much else is going on! and lets face it, once a year we say goodbye to the old and welcome in the new. We can eat any time:)   
    Happy new year...

7. smelloftruth profile image59
    smelloftruthposted 7 years ago

Try yourself to starve a bit - say 12-24 hours. That would perhaps increase your chances of resuscitating your appetite.

8. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

Hey, thanks for the answers everyone. I appreciate the insight.
    I specifically enjoyed Smelloftruth's answer. I shall starve myself on the 30th of December this year so I can have an appetite for the 31st. lol
    I think Gabriel and Pachuca are right though, the anticipation makes me anxious. It always happens on days I go away on trips too. Not sure how to get past the anxiousness ... ohh well, I survived lol. Thanks again for the answers.

working