jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What herbs & spices are good for health & aid in weight loss

1. 1942maggie profile image58
    1942maggieposted 7 years ago

What herbs & spices are good for health & aid in weight loss

2. jenesmith01 profile image60
    jenesmith01posted 7 years ago

i got this info from holisticonline.com there is more info on the site but here is some stuff

Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)

Dandelion may flush out the kidneys, boost metabolism, and off- set a craving for sweets. Eat the leaves raw in a salad or make a tea by boiling 2 to 3 tsp of the root in a cup of water for I 0 to 15 minutes. Drink three times a day.

Green Tea (Camellia sinensis)

Green tea enhances the ability of the body to burn fat. Choose a standardized extract containing 50 percent catechin and 90 percent total polyphenols and take 300 milligrams thirty minutes before breakfast and another thirty minutes before lunch. Do not take more.

all so try www.ehow.com

they say cinnamon, cayenne peper and more can help

3. Autumn Lynn profile image65
    Autumn Lynnposted 7 years ago

Whenever I read about herbs or spices aiding weight loss they seem to fall into a few different categories. Those that rid the body of toxins and bloating(like the dandelion mentioned) or those that surpress appetite (like the green tea ) or those that speed up the metabolism. Anything hot will speed up the metabolism and temporarily burn more calories. The hotter the pepper the more heat your body is producing and to produce said heat it is burning calories!

4. soni2006 profile image80
    soni2006posted 6 years ago

Sometimes, you can find yourself in a situation where you get tired of everything and get prepared to do anything to reach your desired goal. The same is the case with a few people who always feel bad about their increased weight. Most of the people... read more