jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What should you do if a restaurant closes and you have a gift card for that pla

1. DRobinson63 profile image60
    DRobinson63posted 7 years ago

What should you do if a restaurant closes and you have a gift card  for that place? and there isn't

another one close by what should you do?

2. Urb Farm and Bee profile image59
    Urb Farm and Beeposted 7 years ago

I've been working in the restaurant field for over 20 years, so I seen a lot of restaurants come and go.

If they went out of business because of financial troubles, I think it might be hard to get any money out of them.

Were they part of a conglomerate of restaurants? If so, maybe the sister restaurant would honor the gift certificate.

You can always try to contact the owners, and see what they say. It doesn't hurt to ask.

3. GurlShonny profile image60
    GurlShonnyposted 7 years ago

Go to CardWoo.com. There you should be able to sell your gift card if it is eligable. You must fill out the online application information and your card must have at least a value of $20. For valued cards like; Walmart, Wal-greens, CVS and several different gas cards, they will pay you from 50% to 90%. They will also send you an envelope with free postage for you to send you card to them.

4. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Well, that's hard luck, throw it in the bin.

5. DRobinson63 profile image60
    DRobinson63posted 7 years ago

Thank you for answering my question and as far as I know they had at least 3 to 4 locations in the city but I haven't checked yet to see if the sister restaurants are still open and I will definitely check out the cardwoo.com

working