jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What to do with an Amazon Gift Card?

1. Sue Bailey profile image80
    Sue Baileyposted 4 years ago

What to do with an Amazon Gift Card?

I recently received an Amazon.com gift card as payment on my HubPages account.  I tried to spend it on an eBook but as I live in the UK I wasn't allowed to.  Has anyone from the UK managed to successfully spend one of these?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 4 years ago

What I did was change my address to a USA address and that enabled me to buy ebooks. Actually Amazon told me to do it this way. If you know someone in the USA ask them if you could possibly use their address. I'm Canada.

3. Nell Rose profile image92
    Nell Roseposted 4 years ago

Hi Sue, why did you ask for the gift card? I always get paid by cheque. its a pain, and we do lose about 8 pounds having to change it in our bank but its much better.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
      Just Ask Susanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I've since switched mine over to cheque smile

4. Sue Bailey profile image80
    Sue Baileyposted 4 years ago

I didn't realise I had Nell.  It's the first time I've ever had a payment of any kind from Amazon in the six years I've been writing on HubPages and it was for just over $11.  I must have set my preference all those years ago and now I haven't a clue what to do with it.  I don't see any point in changing my payment preference to cheque because if my past track record is anything to go by I don't expect another payment for 6 years or more even -  I guess they only pay out a minimum of $50 or maybe $100, I don't know.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
      Just Ask Susanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's a $100.00 payout sad

5. John MacNab profile image82
    John MacNabposted 4 years ago

I'm from Canada as is Just Ask Susan.   What I do is make sure the gift card is for Amazon.ca, and then I buy e-books with the gift card.
    If I do get an Amazon.com gift card, it does not phase me; living near the US border, I have a post box across the river in the USA to accommodate those firms that refuse to mail to Canada.

6. suziecat7 profile image91
    suziecat7posted 4 years ago

Can't you guys use PayPal? Or is that just USA?

1. John MacNab profile image82
      John MacNabposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Of course we have PayPal suziecat7.   PayPal is world wide, and that is how we pay for, and receive money online, but if someone gives you an electronic gift card as a present, what do you do?

Closed to reply

working