What is the best way to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
There is a conflict among my peers. Do you put the jelly on top of the peanut butter, or do you spread the jelly on the other slice of bread?
What I do is get my two slices of Bread usually white bread and spread peanut butter on one end and the jelly on the other side and then I slap them together. The I out the crusts and I have myself a great snack
Well, it is complicated.
1. Make peanut butter. This involves buying peanuts, shelling them, roasting them, grinding them, adding a bit of oil and salt as necessary, and grinding a bit more.
2. Make jelly. Cook fruit in a bit of water until it becomes mushy. Run through a food mill, then cook some more. Run through a strainer (skip this if you want to make jam). Add about the same amount of sugar as you added fruit (i.e. 4 cups of chopped strawberries = 4 cup sugar). Add enough gelatine to get the right consistancy, and refrigerate (or preserve by canning).
3. Make bread. Add yeast to warm water until foamy. Add to flour (and other seeds and grains) as directed by your favorite bread recipe. Allow to rise. Punch down. Allow to rise again and then bake. Please follow bread-baking instructions if you haven't done this before.
Allow the bread to cool. Slice into slices appropriate for sandwiches.
4. Assemble peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Spread a nice layer of peanut butter on one slice of bread. Depending on your preferences, spread a layer of jelly on top of the peanut butter or on the other piece of bread. Place slices together, non-condiment-side out.
5. Cut in half if you want. Enjoy your homemade PB&J!
by johndetlefs 7 years ago
Why is jam called jelly in the USA? A peanut butter and jelly sandwich just sounds weird!
by CWanamaker 5 years ago
What type of bread makes the best PB&J sandwich?
by Rodney Fagan 6 years ago
How do you make that Perfect Peanut Butter and Jelly/Jam Sandwich?Please give us that secret or special way that you make them, so that your children brag and rave about it. You know, just like your Mom or Aunt always made them!
by jaydawg808 5 years ago
What's a good combination with peanut butter?I like the standard PB&J!
by ryancarter 7 years ago
So I fell asleep the other night while eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich...Stop me if you've heard this one, but when I awoke, the sandwich was gone! I've come up with a few possible scenarios:1) I ate it in my sleep.2) I merely dreamed I was eating a sandwich...3) A ghost ate it.4) My 3...
by theframjak 5 years ago
Do I need to refrigerate home-made peanut butter?I just made peanut butter with my food processor and was not sure if it needs to be refrigerated.
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|