jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What is the best way to prepare and make a dish with potatoes?

1. suncat profile image57
    suncatposted 7 years ago

What is the best way to prepare and make a dish with potatoes?

2. Tatara profile image60
    Tataraposted 7 years ago

I love saucy Spanish-inspired dishes with potatoes.

3. Edoka Writes profile image60
    Edoka Writesposted 7 years ago

Peel and slice potatoes, baked in oven with butter, garlic, green onion, salt and pepper. When almost tender, add smoke sausage and sprinkle with cheese and parsley; remove when sausage is done- delish!

4. yazoogal43 profile image36
    yazoogal43posted 7 years ago

SIMPLY FRY THEM AND MAKE SOME CORNBREAD AND PINTO BEANS IN YOUR CROCK POT, IT WILL ALL BE EATEN I GUARANTEE IT.

5. sarasca profile image74
    sarascaposted 7 years ago

(1.) Peel, cut into small cubes or slices, fry in a skillet with seasonings (oregano, basil, garlic powder, seasoned salt) and diced onions.

(2.) Using small or medium red potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks, put in a casserole dish, and bake for about an hour at 425 degrees.  Before baking, add a stick of melted butter, a few tablespoons of olive oil, and seasonings (oregano, garlic, onion, seasoned salt, pepper, basil, parsley).

6. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

The options are endless! This just after I finished a delicious dish of chicken SOS with green beans, summer squash, carrots, onions, and celery over mashed butter potatoes spiced with worcestershire sauce, dill weed, black pepper, garlic powder, and a touch of cayenne. When at a loss, browse allrecipes.com for ideas and have fun altering what you find big_smile.

7. vietnamtips profile image58
    vietnamtipsposted 7 years ago

I like to steem them and enjoy with sugar.

8. zduckman profile image62
    zduckmanposted 7 years ago

Scalloped potatoes, very easy...slice em and bake em...add cheese onions and garlic YUM !!!

9. AliciaRYoung profile image59
    AliciaRYoungposted 7 years ago

In order to retain a potato's nutrients it's recommended to leave the skins on. The potatoes with the highest nutritional value are red, purple and blue potatoes. Ask for the purple and blue potatoes at your local farmer's markets or roadside garden stands. You can also grow your own. The colored potatoes can be a bit smaller, much like the red potatoes, but they taste just the same.

I like to slice them and fry them in olive oil with a variety of vegetables for a Friatta - simple & fills you up!

10. profile image0
    eonukposted 7 years ago

A really simple one is to slice a load of potatos and then make layers in a casserole dish.  A layer of potatos, sprinkle flour, bit of butter, black pepper, and then repeat until 5 or 6 layers.

Then you top up with milk and microwave for about 10 minutes (watch it - it may boil over).  Thats the basic one, but you can add plenty to it.

11. phiphi profile image57
    phiphiposted 7 years ago

I love to steam them and then eat with tomato ketchup and with mayo garlic sauce.

12. The Quiz Master profile image76
    The Quiz Masterposted 7 years ago

Potato salad.
    Make the potatoes into small cubes and boil them in water with a pinch of sea salt for about 2 minutes, take one out of the pot with a spoon and taste it until they are firm but cooked. Drain and rinse with cold water.
    My favourite potato salad is a Spanish Tapas called Russian Salad.
    Boiled Eggs, diced.
    Peas
    Onions, very finely diced
    Green Olives, diced
    Tuna
    Potatoes
    Mayonaise

Lovely.

working