jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

So what is your favoerite RECIPE to cook?

1. G-Ma Johnson profile image76
    G-Ma Johnsonposted 6 years ago

So what is your favoerite RECIPE to cook?

2. BlissfulWriter profile image66
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it supplies your body with fuel after a night of fasting during sleep. Some people just grab a muffin and a coffee and go, which is not all that healthy.
    Because there is so much conflicting... read more

3. WD Curry 111 profile image61
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

Fish on the grill with whatever spices are in the cabinet. We always have plenty of garlic and Datle Peppers. Good beer helps.

4. GoodLady profile image94
    GoodLadyposted 6 years ago

Pasta with tomato sauce made with fresh tomatoes and basil and the best olive oil!

5. Moon Daisy profile image84
    Moon Daisyposted 6 years ago

My favourites change all the time.  My favourite savoury recipe at the moment is Spanish potatoes, where you fry potatoes with peppers, onions and other vegetables and spices.  Tastes really yummy!

And my favourite sweet recipe is banofee tarts.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Oh it's really easy!!!!!!  Steak and shrimp!!!!!!!!!  I like em combined, and rolled into flour tortilla's cooked in butter, and with Louisiana Hot Sauce, and lime juice.

And beer...don't forget the beer.

7. alekhouse profile image83
    alekhouseposted 6 years ago

I'm big on making breakfast.. One of my favorite recipes is pumpkin pancakes with Praline topping

8. brielise profile image60
    brieliseposted 6 years ago

My go to roasted potato recipe: cup up the potatoes into squares, put them on a sheet pan, then toss them with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add salt, pepper, and whatever spices you want. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 or 45 minutes, tossing once in between. The time is iffy because my oven is terrible, so I usually just judge at the tossing point. I love this with a New York Strip steak seared on each side to medium rare. Yes, I'm a meat and potatoes kinda girl... haha. And I enjoy a beer on the side! Can't enjoy this as much since I started my diet but I have it as a treat from time to time.

9. profile image56
    shorty72posted 6 years ago

It would have to be my spaghetti and meatballs, I make my own sauce. It has always been one of the kids favourites. I made it for my grandson the other day and he loves it to.

10. MummyDearest profile image53
    MummyDearestposted 6 years ago

Fried Rice..Because it is easy and tasty..Heat oil, add garlic or onion, then add Meat+Veg+rRice - Seasoning (salt, pepper, chicken granules) - Done!!

11. lawdoctorlee profile image86
    lawdoctorleeposted 6 years ago

Although I normally write about philosophy, politics, and psychology, I thought that today I would share something fun and easy. Not all banana bread recipes are the same. The trick is getting the bananas into the mix at the right time. The more ripe the banana, the richer tasting is the bread. The more bananas you use, the more flavor you'll get. It's perfect for anytime of the day. I love it in the morning with a great cup of joe for breakfast. So wait until those bananas are super ripe...getting soft and the skin is getting dark. Then mash those babies into the best banana bread you've ever tasted!

Recipe:

3-4 bananas peeled & smashed (4 is better!)

1/3 cup of melted butter (real butter not margarine)

1 cup of sugar

1 egg, beaten

1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract (not imitation)

1 teaspoon of baking soda

pinch of salt

1 1/2 cups of flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan with butter and lightly dust with flour. Mash bananas in a bowl until almost smooth. Add sugar, egg, butter, and vanilla. Mix well with a fork. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Then add to banana mixture. Mix well. Pour contents into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Check middle of bread with small knife or toothpick to make sure the center is done (knife comes out clean). Enjoy it with your favorite person in the world!

P.S. I'll add a picture of mine the next time I make it. I made a banana bread today but the family got into it before I could take a picture. SMILE :-)

http://lawdoctorlee.hubpages.com/hub/Ba … ite-Recipe

12. GardenCook profile image59
    GardenCookposted 6 years ago

One of our favorite winter dishes is this savory beef over noodles.

1 lb beef - best cut you can afford, cube into bite size and
    (marinade for 24 hours in mix of evoo, garlic, wine, mustard and pepper + ½ C burgundy).

Next day: Sear the meat quickly over high heat - remove and allow to rest (it does not need to be more than medium rare)

Burgundy sauce

1.5 Tbsp butter
    4 crimini mushrooms, sliced
    ½ C burgundy wine
    1 large clove garlic, minced
    1.5 tsp cornstarch
    1 C beef broth
    1 Tbsp tomato paste
    1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme (to taste)
    1/2 tsp summer savory, minced
    Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper.

Melt butter, add mushrooms and saute over med hi heat 3 minutes or until golden.  Stir in garlic and allow to get fragrant (about 60 seconds).  Add wine and bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to reduce a bit. Add cornstarch to broth and paste. Pour into skillet, stirring until the sauce is thickened and glossy.  Add beef to the mix and coat with sauce, turn down heat and allow beef just to heat back through.  Serve over your favorite pasta or egg noodle.

13. Neinahpets profile image86
    Neinahpetsposted 5 years ago

Definitely for me is my slow cooker chicken and dumplings.  Not my favorite thing in the world to eat, but it's my favorite thing I make at home.... and a fave for many of those I make it for!  It's especially great since it's been freezing cold outside lately.

I've actually got the recipe up in my Southern Slowcooker segments here on HubPages.  If you're interested, check it out here: http://neinahpets.hubpages.com/hub/Slow … -Dumplings

working