jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Silly question of the day, Which is the ultimate vegetable?

1. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image59
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 6 years ago

Silly question of the day, Which is the ultimate vegetable?

My reckon is it is the Potato, any other candidates?

2. kafsoa profile image71
    kafsoaposted 6 years ago

For me, it's potato too wink  check my profile for delicious potato recipes big_smile

3. sharing the sky profile image65
    sharing the skyposted 6 years ago

Good question. I'd say the ultimate vegetable is something from the green, leafy variety (lettuces, kale, swiss chard, collard greens, etc.). Why? Eaten fresh and often, they provide plenty of vitamins, minerals, fiber and other important elements. They can be eaten in all sorts of ways as they can be combined with savory and sweet foods in dishes. They are low-calorie yet nutritionally dense. They pack a punch for good health.

4. mdlawyer profile image38
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

Potato is a root.  There are other vegetables which have a greater presence in the dishes.  It all depends on the cuisine. What about tomato?

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

This will not be a popular answer but-my favorite is Brussell Sprouts.  Butter, special seasoned salt--oh yes.  My husband hates them so I don't have to share.

Technically Tomatoes are fruit, aren't they?

6. Matt in Jax profile image69
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

Green Bell Peppers

7. ChristineVianello profile image59
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

I completly agree with you. There are so many things to do with a potato is amazing!

8. Tracy Lynn Conway profile image93
    Tracy Lynn Conwayposted 6 years ago

Baby carrots since everyone seems to love them.

9. Timetothink profile image58
    Timetothinkposted 6 years ago

The answer is CORN.  Corn, in all of its forms is used in almost  every edible product that is enjoyed on a daily basis in the U.S. today. Look it up.  Even the soda has corn in it.  p.s.  chickens are the ultimate animal in case you are curious.  they outnumber all other animal species.  So we live on a planet where dogs were first into space and chickens rule the land, and it's no wonder everything is so corny

10. profile image52
    cleverchrisposted 6 years ago

Broccoli - it has more Calcium, Protien and Vitamins than any other vegetable, it is also very low in sugars with make it a slow carb veg.

11. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Broccoli is the ultimate vegetable.  Do some research and you'll see that it's the best food in the world.

12. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

broccoli because it's loaded with so many good things, but taste wise, I love radishes...ice cold, with a little salt. Not sure why. I also love european cucumbers...the same way.

13. Kim M Gregory profile image60
    Kim M Gregoryposted 6 years ago

My son is a professional chef.  He tells me that due to its vitamin, protein and good fat content that the ultimate vegetable is an avocado.

14. smzclark profile image61
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

spinach...tastes foul, but benefits the most (raw with balsamic dressing is tolerable)

mdlawyer: tomato is a fruit

working