jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you adventurous when it comes to 'exotic' foods from different cultures?

1. visionandfocus profile image71
    visionandfocusposted 6 years ago

Are you adventurous when it comes to 'exotic' foods from different cultures?

What's the weirdest food you've ever eaten? Did you enjoy it?

2. Green Lotus profile image61
    Green Lotusposted 6 years ago

Absolutely! ...but I do proceed with caution in certain areas of the world. The western digestive system does not always take kindly to exotic bacteria smile I simple cup of mint tea in Morocco will keep you in the hotel room for at least a day and a half. I will say that some street food vendors overseas offer food that's far fresher than some found in my local supermarket.

3. sanathara profile image61
    sanatharaposted 6 years ago

Yes,I can try anything vegetarian.If it is purely vegetarian I can try any new taste and can develop the taste also.But the cndition is that it should be vegetarian without even eggs in it.

4. BabyCheetah profile image72
    BabyCheetahposted 6 years ago

Yes I enjoy trying most kinds of new foods when i go overseas. I try most things but I won't try deep fried bugs big_smile
    But as Green Lotus said be careful what you try where. I've been fortunate so far that I haven't felt ill from anything smile

5. Blond Logic profile image98
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

Yes, definitely . I will try something new and then make my mind up if I like it. I try and eat where local people will eat then you know you are getting authentic dishes.
    I have made one mistake though here in Brazil. I didn't know what I was ordering and when it arrived it was tripe! It looked delicious but the texture was simply awful. I would try it again but possibly prepared in a different way.

working