jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

On the news this morning, research now shows that SALT is not bad for you.

1. TiffanySprouts profile image55
    TiffanySproutsposted 6 years ago

On the news this morning, research now shows that SALT is not bad for you.

Apparently, there is not any evidence to support the claims on the negative effects of SALT.

What do you think?

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I certainly want to believe this is true, although I sometimes doubt anyone really knows.  I think everyone has their own body chemistry.  For instance, I always crave salt and some of my friends and family members nag me about eating too much.  However, I sometimes have low blood pressure, so my doctor has told me salt is OK for me.  He does not believe I use too much and I can keep eating it.  It all depends on the person.

3. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image37
    DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 6 years ago

when you go to the store and see the spice aisle and  see the blue container that looks like salt......starts with M......but is not salt. it is NaCl, sodium and chloride heated to 1,500 degrees F and they bind together and look and taste like salt, but is a chemical. Real Salt is a good brand and sea salt. celtic salt is also a great salt we NEED. all of us need salt, not chemicals. not only do we need it, it is healthy and helps with our electrolytes. Dr. Mike

4. ShootersCenter profile image74
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

Salt helps your body retain water, if you have issues with your weight it will only add to the problem and high blood pressure is another downfall of salt.

5. TiffanySprouts profile image55
    TiffanySproutsposted 6 years ago

If you are retaining water due to an over abundance of salt, what area's of the body would you notice this retention first?  I guess I am asking for tale tell signs.  For example, above the eyes?  Fingers?

working