jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Has anyone else tried coconut water? Love or hate?

1. SummerSurf profile image59
    SummerSurfposted 6 years ago

Has anyone else tried coconut water?  Love or hate?

I've recently discovered coconut water and have researched how it's great for rehydration after a workout.  I'm planning to integrate it into my diet.  Anyone else take it regularly?

2. Thelma Alberts profile image86
    Thelma Albertsposted 6 years ago

Yes, I have tried coconut water, they are delicious and healthy. I love this coconut water but it is hard to find it here in Europe. There are canned coconut water in Asian shops but they taste bad. So when I am in my holiday home country, I tried to drink it everyday. Yummy!!!!!!!!

3. renegadetory profile image99
    renegadetoryposted 6 years ago

Is that different from coconut milk?  I've had cococunt milk (I use it to cook with) but I don't recall seeing "coconut water" in the stores...

4. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

Culture Shock !!!

Coconut water or Tender Coconut water as they called is one of the best natural drink you can get. Along with banana it is one of the best natural foods.

It is available in aplenty in India especially in Coastal India and it was sold throughout the country (even in the interiors). Though recently it is being stored and sold as tetrapacks in some Indian stores, 99% of the tender coconut water is sold as is i.e harvested/plucked directly from the tree and sold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_water

5. Blond Logic profile image98
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

Here in Brazil it is sold everywhere. It is fantastic chilled, a hole is  cut into it and a straw  inserted. It is not just at beach bars either, I have had this at  friends homes as well.

We have several trees here on our farm and so we have a continuous supply.

It is very good for you and I believe it could be used intravenously in an emergency for rehydration.

It is often give to people to help them recover from illness and was even suggested for my dog when he was ill.

6. SummerSurf profile image59
    SummerSurfposted 6 years ago

Yes many confuse the two...coconut water is different from coconut milk.  I used to get confused.. http://summersurf.hubpages.com/hub/Why- … onut-Water

Thanks for all the replies...great to get input from everyone.

7. wellnessguidesja profile image59
    wellnessguidesjaposted 5 years ago

Coconut water is sold everywhere in Jamaica. Its not just good for rehydration; It has loads of minerals, especially potassium, which is good for heart health, and for hypertension. It is so plentiful in Jamaica that dozens of companies bottle the water and sell it in the cold section of groceries, marts, supermarkets and gas stations. Its sold without any additives or preservatives. On the roadside, vendors sell straight from the coconut.

working