jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What cheese(s) do you put in your macaroni & cheese?

1. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

What cheese(s) do you put in your macaroni & cheese?

2. Pinkchic18 profile image75
    Pinkchic18posted 6 years ago

We like to use Velveeta cheese on ours!! Num!

3. Alecia Murphy profile image77
    Alecia Murphyposted 6 years ago

I just made some on Sunday and I used a little bit of everything. I emptied some shredded parmesan, cheddar, and fiesta four cheese. I also use a can of campbell's cream of cheddar soup to for creaminess. It all depends on what you want to use, but I like to make sure mine is creamy and super cheesy:)!

4. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Depends  upon what I have in the refrigerator.

Being the only mac and cheese eater in the family, I make it just for me.

Could be chedder, mozzerella or a bit of both.

Just last week, I used Pepper Jack......gave it a little bit of a kick!

Whatever, it is, it has to be real cheese.....no processed cheese food, or sauce mixes for me.

5. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 6 years ago

I have used a very sharp cheddar, Velveeta, added milk, some butter,spices, (Tumeric, Rosemary, ground pepper), diced tomatoes, hot peppers - a good Romano - too.

6. profile image0
    Hubertsvoiceposted 6 years ago

I love to put Velveeta and cream cheese with shell macaroni. I also like to put finely diced onions and fresh garlic in with it. I know you only asked about the cheese, but I had to make the answer long enough to submit.

7. nifty@50 profile image75
    nifty@50posted 6 years ago

I like a contrast of light cheese sauce with dark cheese on top. Velveeta, Monterey Jack, and cheddar with sharp cheddar on top. Use a large noodle and My secret ingredient!
    http://niftyat50.hubpages.com/hub/How-T … c-N-Cheese

8. Lizam1 profile image82
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

so long as it is real cheese then pretty much anything goes.  I like to make a mixed cheese sauce with mozzarella, cheddar and strong parmesan.  Always save some to sprinkle on the top too.

9. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

I vary it depending on what I feel like and what I find on sale. The things to look for are good quality, distinctive flavor, and good melting characteristics. Mixtures of different ones, e.g. asiago, mozzarella and a little Parmesan, can be nice. Most people use sharp cheddar, and for reasons best known to themselves prefer a yellow cheese to a white one.

Thomas Jefferson popularized the dish in America. He grew fond of it while ambassador to France, brought back an Italian pasta machine, and served it both at Monticello and in Washington. He called all forms of pasta "macaroni," by the way, and usually had it prepared with flat noodles. When at home he used local cheeses made on his and neighboring farms, typically fresh rather than aged ones.

10. jtrader profile image17
    jtraderposted 3 years ago

Lol
    Every cheese I can find
    The richer the better. I like Mozzarella, cheddar plus whatever powder comes in the box.

working