jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How can a bad mood be detected in what a chef is cooking?

1. K9keystrokes profile image93
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

How can a bad mood be detected in what a chef is cooking?

2. ThoughtSandwiches profile image81
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

A slight saliva taste from when they spit in the food?

3. Teq Killa Cook profile image59
    Teq Killa Cookposted 6 years ago

I have found that the best meals I have ever cooked have come from a place of peace, or absolute happiness and love. I think you are more patient and do a better job when your mind is at ease. Some of the worst meals I have ever made were times when I was flustered, pissed off, or unhappy. A lot of people are bad cooks but it may be because they can't control their thoughts on the matter. A good chef needs to be focused, cool, and collected. I am lucky because in my family, food is natural thing.  Dinner is a celebration that gets us around the table. The simple answer is maybe the person eating it can't tell what mood the chef was in, but I rather eat something that was made by someone who's in good spirits. Of course these are all just my opinions smile

4. profile image56
    Paperflyposted 6 years ago

The few times I've been frustrated I ended up overcooking food, overseasoning or completely forgetting to add an ingredient. In the worst case the food tastes bad and is inedible. If you are in the weeds that can make your mood worse because of the stress and added pressure which can result in even more mistakes. It can be a downward spiral if you don't force yourself to focus, take a breath and control your emotions.

5. nifty@50 profile image76
    nifty@50posted 6 years ago

The "love" definitely shows when a cook is on their game, when you receive a meal that clearly should be sent back because it is under or over cooked or egg yolks broken, this clearly demonstrates a frustrated or over worked cook, who clearly doesn't give a care. Lack of attention to detail shows a cook not in the proper frame of mind.

working