jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are some benefits of being a Vegetarian? and also a Vegan?

1. Nspeel profile image75
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

What are some benefits of being a Vegetarian? and also a Vegan?

2. craftybegonia profile image73
    craftybegoniaposted 6 years ago

I became a vegetarian when I was six, because my mom went vegetarian and quit serving meat. When I grew up, I chose to become a vegan. According to some doctors I have had, I have had some pretty nice health benefits from it!

3. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

I am not sure as I had a friend that was vegan & it looked like a miserable life , she was always exhausted & it was hard having her over as we love meat , if it was just vegetarian it would have been easier to feed her .
    We got on well except when called out to some cows & called them t-bone !

4. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

I honestly don't know. I've lived all my life eating a variety of foods--veggies, fruit, dairy, meat, etc...and have always been healthy with a great immune system. I have rarely been sick in my life and can't remember the last time I was. Maybe being a vegetarian would be cheaper??? I don't know. I'd be curious to hear more, because my vegetarian friends have never been any healthier than I am, actually much less.

5. leroy64 profile image81
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

From what I have seen, the biggest advantage is that vegans/vegetarians have to pay more attention to what foods they are eating.   Most people don't pay attention and wind up with an unbalanced diet.  The only common thread among all of the vegans I have known is that they get cold very easily.  That can be an advantage here in the south.  (Texas)

6. NessaMetharam profile image60
    NessaMetharamposted 6 years ago

I'm a vegetarian and I function the same way as meat eaters do, but I am very careful with what I eat. I make sure that the diet is balanced. I also make sure that I get the proper proteins. With being a vegetarian, you drink more vitamins like food supplements to keep up with the vitamins others get.
    Benefits? I guess that would be the part where you can avoid the disease you get when you don't cook the meat right and when you eat too much meat.

working