jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite cookbook and why do you like it?

1. DeborahNeyens profile image97
    DeborahNeyensposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite cookbook and why do you like it?

2. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 6 years ago

HubPages--because I can interact with the authors.  smile

3. rzch25 profile image59
    rzch25posted 6 years ago

My grilling cookbook.Because I love food cooked in coals! With my grilling cookbook I discover lots of  flavourful recipes.

4. thejeffriestube profile image74
    thejeffriestubeposted 6 years ago

My mother-in-law gave me one when my wife and I first got married. It's an old Lousiana cookbook, chock full of stuff that can make your cholesterol go through the roof. There's even a recipe for how to cook 'gator. Personally, I'll stick with the hush puppies. :-)

5. fordie profile image73
    fordieposted 6 years ago

'The home book of Indian cookert' by Sipra Das Gupta. Many great recipes in an easy to follow style, with happy memories attached to several of the dishes.

I searched for this one and it is available on-line. Would recommend for anyone who loves authentic Indian food.

6. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

Out of thirty or forty cookbooks in the house, I keep only two on a table in the kitchen: Larousse "Gastronomique," and Edouard de Pomiane "French Cooking in Ten Minutes." Between them, you need never eat poorly.

7. DeborahNeyens profile image97
    DeborahNeyensposted 6 years ago

I asked this question because I pulled out an old favorite tonight that I kind of forgot about.  It's Mediterranean Light by Martha Rose Shulman.  I like it because it's veggie- and whole foods heavy while including healthy recipes for meat dishes.  When I have a lot of something in my garden, whether it's swiss chard or eggplant, I can find several ways to cook it in Mediterranean Light.

But I have to say, Hubpages is quickly becoming a favorite, too!

8. mrsjaneyp profile image60
    mrsjaneypposted 6 years ago
  9. emichael profile image79
    emichaelposted 6 years ago

A cookbook called "Talk About Good." It's all about southern and Cajun food. I live in New Orleans, so I love cooking the food of the culture here. If you love southern food, this is the cookbook Bible you need. Seriously.

10. Imogen French profile image85
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

the first is often the best - my favourite is "Not Just a Load of Old Lentils" by Rose Elliot, the first vegetarian cookbook that I bought when I left home and became a vegetarian nearly 30 years ago. It contains my favourite recipes for nut roast and banana bread!