jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What type of wine (s) do you enjoy?

1. instantlyfamily profile image81
    instantlyfamilyposted 6 years ago

What type of wine (s) do you enjoy?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5637581_f260.jpg

2. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

I am a Chardonnay fan for the most part.  I enjoy a smooth oak finish with a fruity, buttery flavor...difficult to find.  At home, I am a faithful companion to "The Little Penguin" Chardonnay.  When I am out on the street, I usually go with the Kendall Jackson Vintnor's Reserve Chardonnay.  I do drink some reds which are mainly either merlots or melbecs.  I made wine for a few years which was an interesting hobby and a fun thing to do as gifts, etc. My father-in-law use to take me to the wineries in Napa Valley CA for tasting tours which led me to develop my own description of a good wine...."ah yes, simple yet complex." WB

3. Toni Miller profile image59
    Toni Millerposted 6 years ago

Kendall Jackson Chardonnay is delicious.

4. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

I like dry, complex reds best, but it depends on what I'm having for supper.

5. rjsadowski profile image72
    rjsadowskiposted 6 years ago

My preference is for a fine red wine from Bordeaux, preferably from the Haut Medoc or Graves. Unfortuneately, since the prices have risen so high, I have to settle for California cabernet sauvignon. Even there, whenever a vinyard becomes well known, the prices go through the roof for relitively mediocre wines so I keep searching for new, undiscovered vineyards that make good wines.
    Wine drinking has gone to hell in a hand basket ever since red wines have been publicized as "good investments" rather than as something to simply drink and enjoy. Too many non wine drinkers are buying wines simply to try to make money and they drive the prices up to ridiculous levels.

working