jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why is it that when we eat spicy foods we tend to eat more?

1. moiragallaga profile image79
    moiragallagaposted 6 years ago

Why is it that when we eat spicy foods we tend to eat more?

2. Larry Fields profile image80
    Larry Fieldsposted 6 years ago

I don't have a good answer to your question, but I've noticed something similar. For me, foods that are spicy hot--as in cayenne--have that effect. Ditto for sage, as in sausage. Other seasonings and spices don't have an appetite-stimulating effect on me.

Spicy-hot foods may be healthful for people in tropical countries, where extreme heat can numb the appetite.

3. RASO profile image72
    RASOposted 6 years ago

Great question. Right now I am eating El tequito Tortilla Chips with Chilli and I just can`t stop eating, it is so spicy, my mouth is burning, but I like it ! smile

4. Abhaque Supanjang profile image79
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

Because they stimulate human appetite when they have the foods. It is the advantage of having these such foods. In the world, my tribe (Minangkabau) is one of the tribe (or maybe the only one) whose always eat spicy food every day. The existence of the foods is a must for Minangkabau people at the time they have meal every day. And if we do not have money to buy some meat or vegetables to eat the rice that we have ... it is enough for us to just have the rice with some boiled red pepper+tomato. They are very delicious for us.