jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your favorite childhood meal that you still love

1. wonderingwoolley profile image57
    wonderingwoolleyposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite childhood meal that you still love

For my dad it's PB&J and for my uncle it's Spaghetti Oh's because that's what their mother used to make for them when they got home from school. They still eat them at least once a day! Are they the only ones?

2. ringlawncare profile image63
    ringlawncareposted 6 years ago

Meat-loaf. The way my mom used to just throw this together is still melting in my mouth. Lipton soup mix of sorts, I can't remember the exact one, but it's the main ingredient along with ketchup.

3. etower036 profile image59
    etower036posted 6 years ago

It may sound strange for a kid to love this, but when I grew up my mum made the best Brussels sprouts. She would boil them first, then cut in half, then fry in bacon grease. ( I know that doesn't sound healthy, but this was in the early 70's) She then after they were done, she would put mayonnaise on them.

Oh how I remember all the great green vegetables my mum made that other kids would turn green even thinking of eating. Spinach, collard greens with bacon and mushrooms.

I even loved Cream of wheat cause my mum would put vanilla extract in them and use real cream and honey.

Thank you for your question brought back some wonderful memories.

4. Cardia profile image94
    Cardiaposted 6 years ago

Chicken nuggets! My mom used to sometimes make them from scratch, or we would get the ready made ones that you keep in the freezer. I used to eat them with ketchup, sweet and sour sauce, or with nothing at all. They're still some of my favourite foods! smile

5. dappledesigns profile image89
    dappledesignsposted 6 years ago

a special treat that my mom grew up with (and it's one of her favorites too) and it was passed along through the generations. My grandmother is 100% Austrian and is an excellent cook. A special fried chicken with Austrian Potato salad which is a warm potato and onion mixture with sweetened vinegar. So so tasty and something the entire family will get together for (which is a HUGE family)

6. dipsmi profile image75
    dipsmiposted 6 years ago

maggie!!! the 2 minute noodle!!!! Still my favorite

working