jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

What is your favorite childhood/young adult book that you can still enjoy reread

1. thebiologyofleah profile image91
    thebiologyofleahposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite childhood/young adult book that you can still enjoy rereading as an adult?

I just got an annotated version of  'The Phantom Tollbooth' by Norton Juster, illustrations by Jules Feiffer.  I read it when I was young and I look forward to reading it as an adult now.  What book did you enjoy as a young reader that allows itself to be reread as an adult?

2. profile image0
    tonyplaysthemamboposted 6 years ago

The very first book in the Harry Potter series. I find that as an adult I am catching things I didn't when I first read the book at 10-years-old. The language is so rich and the book still manages to enrapture me.

3. J Burgraff profile image72
    J Burgraffposted 6 years ago

'Little Women' by Louisa May Alcott.  I first read this book when was seven, and I have probably read it at least ten times since then, the last time several years ago.  I would gladly read it again tomorrow.  Each and every time I have enjoyed it in a completely new way.

4. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

Mine would have to be Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck.

5. LisaKoski profile image96
    LisaKoskiposted 6 years ago

Definitely the Harry Potter series and The Hobbit. I think The Hobbit is read more by adults than kids but I'm pretty sure it was intended as a children's book.

6. msviolets profile image83
    msvioletsposted 6 years ago

Honestly, there are so many that I find it hard to choose! 
    I re-discovered reading YA when my dd was a high level reader looking for appropriate material; and fell in love again.  I still like the Anne series, and then there was a series called "In Grandma's Attic" that I was surprised to enjoy as much as I did when I was younger.  We enjoyed reading Heidi and The Secret Garden together. 
    And there are some I'd never read that I wish I'd found.  Betsy and Tacy, All of a Kind Family, the books by E Nesbit and the Half magic series...
    I do appreciate them on a different level as an adult.

7. wymyczak66 profile image92
    wymyczak66posted 6 years ago

When I was little I absolutely loved the Beverly Cleary books. I'd probably still reread Ramona Quimby at this age and enjoy it smile

8. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

I love the story of Charlotte's Web by E.B. White.

9. THEHuG5 profile image61
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

"There's a Boy in the Girls Bathroom"  and The Wayside School series by Louis Sachar. All of his kids books are great and I still go back and read them every now and then.

10. ishwaryaa22 profile image87
    ishwaryaa22posted 6 years ago

My favourite childhood books are the books written by Enid Blyton that i still enjoy re-reading even now! These books are full of life and whenever i re-read them, i feel like a child again!  Re-reading these books brought back cherished memories of my childhood.

11. Brandon Spaulding profile image56
    Brandon Spauldingposted 6 years ago

Comic books and the Bible. They are both great. One is fictional and the other is truth.

12. E-Z-University profile image60
    E-Z-Universityposted 6 years ago

The Hobbit/ Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

13. prism3x profile image36
    prism3xposted 6 years ago

Wizard of Oz is the best!  Never get tired of the story.

14. B. A. Williams profile image72
    B. A. Williamsposted 6 years ago

Heidi or Nancy Drew but definitely Heidi

15. jennielynn35 profile image60
    jennielynn35posted 5 years ago

I will admit, I still love reading the old Nancy Drew Mysteries.

16. profile image0
    AlienWednesdayposted 4 years ago

The Dark is Rising series by Susan Cooper