jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you doctor up boxed mac and cheese?

1. Farmer Brown profile image67
    Farmer Brownposted 6 years ago

How do you doctor up boxed mac and cheese?

2. mljdgulley354 profile image59
    mljdgulley354posted 6 years ago

I have a couple of things I do. Sometimes I add hamburger and cream of mushroom soup. Other times I add hotdogs and tomato soup.

3. MickS profile image69
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Bin it, best thing for it, better still not, to have bought it in the first place.

4. crazyhorsesghost profile image76
    crazyhorsesghostposted 6 years ago

Even those better brands of mac and cheese can get boring after a while so I thought why not come up with at least 15 ways to doctor up boxed mac and cheese. After all mac and cheese is a all time kids favorite so if you do things to make it even better then the kids will really love it. Mac and Cheese out of the box is one of the easiest things to doctor up that there is.

Most of the ingredients can be heated and stirred into the mac and cheese or just simply stirred into the mac and cheese. I read more

5. amberld profile image89
    amberldposted 6 years ago

I used to just put a can of tuna in it, then when I felt fancy I'd add cream of mushroom soup. Also, when I was a kid my mom used to cut up hot dogs and just add them to it. yummy.

6. G-Ma Johnson profile image76
    G-Ma Johnsonposted 6 years ago

Well I have bought the Annie's Organic kind, but I always add more cheese and some saute' onions...maybe a bit of milk if too thick and some bread crumbs on top....haven't had this in years though, but I did child care for 35 years and the kids LOVE mac & cheese...yikes) Hugs G-Ma

7. Michelle Barton profile image60
    Michelle Bartonposted 6 years ago

I have found that an inexpensive way to doctor up my boxed macaroni and cheese is to add a can of tuna and a can of peas.

working