jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Compare Shop Branded products To The Big Brand Named Products

1. jimmythejock profile image87
    jimmythejockposted 5 years ago

Compare Shop Branded products To The Big Brand Named Products

Shops own branded products are often much cheaper than the big name brands, but how do they compare on Quality?

2. NightFlower profile image61
    NightFlowerposted 5 years ago

I have tried them and in some cases the off brands can be just as good but definitely not always. Kroger's off brand items are pretty supreme.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I've been drinking store brand soda for so many years now that I actually prefer it to the so called "big" brands.

When it comes to stuff like mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise, etc., I almost always go for the store brand.

4. myawn profile image61
    myawnposted 5 years ago

I like the store brand like walmart except when it comes to cheese I like kraft . ketchups store is ok. Mayo I like the name  brands.

5. rlaha profile image69
    rlahaposted 5 years ago

They are exactly the same or better than the brand name products.  I have had Great Value pizza from Walmart that is better than the Red Baron or Totino's brand pizza just to give some examples.

6. nishlaverz profile image59
    nishlaverzposted 5 years ago

At one point Store own brand products were made by the big brand companies however they tried to make them less appealing taste wise to keep people buying the big brands. Nowadays here in the UK I work for one of the Big 4 supermarkets who are changing the way their own brands are perceived by customers. They have stopped getting their products made by the big brand companies and have started making their own products. They are even selling to other supermarkets.

The quality of the products has improved vastly over the years and now I usually fill my trolley with own-brand products every time I shop.

working